Thank you so much for taking the time to host a Minds of (City) dinner. This is a little guide of how it is done.
- Decide on the date of the event: one Wednesday in the middle of the month from 7pm to 10pm.
- In the Facebook group of the Minds of (City) create a Facebook event. The cover photo is a picture with a question that will spark a conversation that matters.
- Create a google form asking people to confirm their attendance with their name, email and phone number. We always ask a fun question be it favourite book, places in the city etc. to share insights from the community.
- Not everybody is on Facebook so email the picture and invitation to the founder of Minds of (City) who can add the invitation to the monthly newsletter.
- Book the table for 25 people under “Minds of (City)”. In Oslo we used to host Minds of Oslo at Litteraturhuset and are now hosting it at Asia at Aker Brygge.
- Monday before the event call the restaurant with the final number of confirmed attendees.
- Show up 10 min before the event and welcome everybody.
- Everybody who attends are encouraged to introduce themselves to everybody before they sit down.
- Make a cheer at the beginning of the dinner to the Minds of Oslo and thank everybody for coming.
- As meals are served and eaten, encourage people to move around the room and change seats.
- At the end of the dinner find someone else to host the next dinner.
- Stay until the end of the dinner and ensure that the bill is paid.
- Share the answer to the question on the Facebook group and the founder will share the answer in the newsletter.
For any further questions about hosting Minds of (City), contact Ingrid Helsingen Warner email@example.com